Trained Sewing Instructor Program Overview
The Trained Sewing Instructor program is the only one of its kind within the sewing industry. This program does not teach you how to sew. It provides business training — specific to the sewing industry — to help current sewing instructors, educators and teachers or those wishing to become sewing instructors, educators and teachers to succeed in their business. Graduates of the intense (but fun!) TSI course leave with practical knowledge and a sense of confidence to begin or expand their education portfolio. Many of our graduates have gone on to start home-based businesses, to teach part- or full-time in retail outlets, or start sewing schools and lounges.
The program consists of a three-day workshop to train sewing enthusiasts (who already know how to sew) on the skills necessary to become successful at teaching sewing. The focus will be on the business expertise and teaching methods that will help them become successful educators in the industry.
- Deciding What to Teach
- Deciding Where to Teach
- Planning Successful Sewing Classes
- Creating Lesson Plans
- Teaching Techniques
- Teaching in Retail Stores
- Teaching Sewing as a Business
- Risk Management
- Marketing & Advertising Your Services
- Presenting a Professional Image
- Sewing Up Your Business
- Practice Teaching to Group
- 3 Days of Instruction, 8:00am - 5:30pm daily
- Sit-down lunch each day — A great opportunity for group networking!
- Class Manual
- Sewing Instructor Pricing Guidelines
- Attendance Certificate
- Use of TSI logo
- Inclusion in online searchable database of sewing instructors that is advertised to consumers and retail outlets.
- Access to teachers-only area of the www.trainedsewinginstructor.com website.
The only pre-requisite to attend a Trained Sewing Instructor workshop is that you already know how to sew and are interested in teaching your passion for sewing to others.
*Attendees must be in attendance for the full 3-day workshop to receive a certificate of completion.
The TSI Program is not available as an
on-line or correspondence course.